Northern Spark 2017, Photography by Dan Norman
This year Northern Spark is two nights until 2am! Programming is the same on Friday and Saturday unless noted on each project description. Plan your night(s) using these tools or just wander and discover!
Customize your list of projects to see, including times and locations, with the My Night feature. Simply log in with your email address and start building your schedule.
And remember, this website is mobile ready and holds all the information you need on the go – project listings, maps, timed events, and more.
Connect with us for the latest #NorthernSpark news and updates:
Northern Spark Information Tents are a great way to get essential questions answered. Info Tents have maps, night-of festival updates, first aid supplies, and large print maps. Stop by and chat with a friendly volunteer.
Look for a red or white tent with lights in these places:
- outside of the Minneapolis Central Library on Nicollet
- on Xcel Energy Plaza on Nicollet between 4th and 5th Streets
- on the west side of The Commons
LOOK FOR THE RED FLAGS
Once you’re at a festival venue, all projects are marked by tall signs with red Northern Spark flags. Inside Minneapolis Central Library look for additional stanchions with wayfinding and project information.
Some projects are in unconventional spaces and may not have ADA access. Projects identified with a wheelchair symbol are ADA accessible. All festival venues are ADA accessible.
Other accessibility resources include:
- ASL interpretation of the 2018 Creative City Challenge Launch on Friday, June 15 at 8:30 pm
- large print festival maps; find at a Northern Spark Information Tent
PRO TIPS FOR HAVING A GREAT NIGHT
- wear comfortable shoes
- bring weather appropriate gear and layers of clothing
- download your Metro Transit Free Ride Pass here and ride to the festival
- stay hydrated!—bring a water bottle to fill up at a fountain at the Commons or Minneapolis Central Library
- fuel up—bring snacks to eat and enjoy festival food truck offerings